Spring for the season pass if you anticipate visiting the theme park more than twice this summer.
But for one day’s fun, I’ve compiled a list of Kings Dominion discounts. No matter when you’re going or how much effort you’re willing to make, you don’t need to pay full price ($54.99):
1. The Last-Minute Route: Buy your park tickets online from Kings Dominion’s website before heading to the park to save $10 a ticket.
2. The Easy Route: Just plan ahead and buy “3-day advance purchase” park tickets online for a $15 dollar discount
3. The Twilight Route: Buy a “Twilight Admission” ticket online that is valid for admission any day after 4pm.
4. The Anytime Parks & Rec Route: Visit Henrico County’s Parks & Rec Office* to buy “Good Any Day” tickets, valid for admission any day during the 2009 season. More work, but cheaper than through Kings Dominion’s website. Check with your local Parks Department for similar discounts (This is the City of Richmond’s theme park page from last year; prices aren’t quite as good)
Cost: $38.00 for an adult ticket, $28 for junior/senior ticket ($4 savings over regular price)
5. Super Savings Parks & Rec Route: If your visit falls during designated dates, the Henrico County tickets are even cheaper.
Spring Savings Days
Valid April 10, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26, May 2, 3, 9, 10, 16,17, 23, 24 & 25 (2009)
Park & Recreation Days
Valid July 3 through August 7(2009)
Fall Fun Days
Valid September 26, 27, October 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, and November 1
6. Get Friendly with a Passholder Route – VIP or Platinum season pass holders can bring a friend at a $25 discount off general admission every day. Occasionally, Kings Dominion also holds Bring-A-Friend days, and friends pay only $9.99. (Mothers Day was Bring-A-Friend day).
7. The Corporate Code Route: Visit RetailMeNot for corporate discount codes that you can enter when buying tickets online. User success rates and comments are provided. This option raises ethical issues about using codes that aren’t intended for you, but as far as I know, Kings Dominion does not require any proof of eligibility.
Cost: Varies, but similar to #5
*Henrico County Theme Park Tickets: Tickets can be purchased at the Recreation & Parks Administrative Office, located in the Human Services Building. We accept cash (please bring exact change); MasterCard and Visa pin-based debit cards; and Discover Cards. A transaction fee is charged on all Discover Card purchases. Theme Park Tickets are nonrefundable. For group sales of 15 or more, please call VRPS at 730-9447.
I’ve also heard that local credit unions may offer discounted tickets but don’t have any further information. Let me know if there are other widely available discounts that I can add to the list!